Sunday, November 11, 2018

Veteran's Day

I know that we celebrated Veteran's Day at WKHS last Monday ahead of today's official holiday.  It is a holiday that holds a special place in my heart.  I have such a high level of respect and appreciation for all of the men and women who make, and have made, the decision to serve our nation in the military.  Right now we have so many WKHS graduates who are serving in the military and no matter if they are in boot camp or already serving overseas it is a good reminder of how courageous so many of our students are in making decisions for the good of our country.  Personally, my mind can't help but go to my grandfather and his friends who served in WWII and knowing how much the war impacted their lives.  My grandfather has always been one of my heroes and his friends were like family to me too and so today, and every day, I am thankful for them.  I wish I expressed my gratitude to them more while they were all still alive, but I also hope that all of the men and women who are and have ever made the decision to serve our nation know the depth of thankfulness that people, like me, hold for their service.

No comments: