Saturday, November 11, 2017

Veterans Day

As you are aware, today is Veterans Day. How fortunate and blessed are we to live in a country where men and women willingly agree to serve in the military to protect all of the rights and freedoms that we enjoy every day.  As I paused to reflect on how much I appreciate the service, dedication and sacrifice so many men and women have given to our country, I couldn't help but think of all of my former students who have served, or are currently serving, in the military.

I can't possibly begin to name all of my former students who have joined the military because the list is too long, but the reality is there are no words to adequately express my gratitude and respect to each of them for their courage, strength and dedication to our country.  I somehow hope that today they are surrounded by people who are able to express gratitude for their service and, above all, that they will stay safe.  

No comments: