Wednesday, August 10, 2016

10 years

I was starting my 2nd year at WKHS when I began writing this blog.  That was 10 years ago.  10 years!  I had no idea that I would be writing this same blog ten years later.  (Gotta say, it kind of makes me feel old.)

I can still vividly recall sitting in the conference about technology having the presenter challenge us with the question of, "are you preparing students for your past or their future?"  Ugh.  Guilty.  I was sending out quarterly newsletters and clearly wasn't embracing technology and using it effectively to get the information you needed to you in small chunks and in timely ways that would meet your needs.

So this blog was born.  It is a labor of love because it is definitely not easy to keep up on a regular basis, but my hope is that it is helpful to you as you (or your son/ daughter) progresses through high school at WKHS.  I appreciate all of you for reading this blog, for following it, and for the private comments/ feedback that you have shared with me.

I don't know what the future holds for technology and getting timely reminders of information that can help you during the 4 years of high school, but for now, I will keep blogging, but my hope will always be that I am doing so in a way that prepares you for your future.

No comments: