Sunday, January 3, 2016

New Year, New Start

Welcome to 2016!  A new year and the start of a new semester...

- For seniors, 2016 is your year!  :-)  You will graduate in just a few months - college decisions will come before that - lots of big moments.  Focus now on finishing high school strong and not letting senioritis overtake your world.

-  Since at the high school we award credits based upon the semester this means that no matter what the first semester was like for you, you have a completely fresh start on Monday.  Get organized, be prepared, and make choices every day that will lead you to where you want to be at the end of the school year.

-  The new year is often a time where people pause to reflect on the past year and set goals for the upcoming year.  2015 was an incredible year in my life.  I can't wait to see what 2016 has in store, but I know that I control how I respond to whatever comes my way.  My intention is to make the best of each day so that not even 1 is wasted.  I hope that you have set a realistic goal that you can work toward each day and I'd love to hear about it once we are back at school.

-  A quick reminder, in case you have lost your printout from the beginning of the school year, your schedule is available on Infinite Campus.  If you are hoping to change your schedule (which hopefully is very few of you at this point) don't forget that you must have your parent's signature on the course add/drop form in order to make any changes.

-  And one last reminder to all senior students and parents - Financial Aid Night is coming up on Tuesday, January 5th at 7pm in the auditorium!

I am looking forward to hearing about your winter break - I hope you had a memorable and relaxing time leaving you feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and refocused!

No comments: