Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A New Beginning

Tonight is filled with anticipation for your teachers and I hope for many of you too.  I hope you are excited for a new school year.  I hope you are looking forward to reconnecting with your friends and the staff at WKHS.  I hope you find that 2015-16 will be your best year yet.  So often people focus on new year's resolutions at the start of the calendar year, but in my opinion, for students, THIS is the best time to set your resolution about what you'd like to accomplish this year.  I have mentioned setting goals for yourself in several blog posts recently.  I mention it one more time simply because I want you to know that I believe in you!  Whatever you want to accomplish, I know you can do it and I am willing to work with you to help you reach your goals.  

Tomorrow, as we start the new year, there are some details about the schedule which you need to know.

Here is the bell schedule for tomorrow:
7:45 - 9:35am - Freshman Students Only
9:50 - 10:25 - 1st period
10:30 - 11:05 - 2nd period
11:10 - 11:45 - 3rd period
11:50 - 12:25 - 4th period
12:30 - 1:05 - 5th period
1:10 - 1:45 - 6th period
1:50 - 2:25 - 7th period
2:30 - 3:05 - 8th period


There are some students who won't be following this exact schedule though.

Students in grades 10-12 who are attending the Worthington Academy will be on their normal bell schedule and will be attending the Academy during your designated times and catching the morning or mid-day shuttle as normally scheduled.  Mr. Schirg sent an e-mail to all Academy students with details of your schedule for tomorrow so check it out if this applies to you.

Students who are participating in the College Credit Plus (CC+) courses taught by CSCC instructors on Kilbourne's campus, won't actually start with the English or Psychology classes until August 31st.  However, we will be meeting on the 24th and 25th at 8:45am.  So, for the next few days you do not have to attend class during your designated CC+ time (1st and 2nd period).

It will be a great start to the year and I look forward to seeing all of you back in school!

No comments: