Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"Senior Survivors"

On Monday morning we hosted the "What to Expect" workshop where senior students shared their insight with younger students and parents about what they can expect during their upcoming senior years. The panel presentation by senior students who have survived their senior year and are nearing the end of their high school career and their experiences in navigating the adventures of senior year. I was INCREDIBLY impressed with the information they shared. The participants did an outstanding job giving honest viewpoints about the upcoming year for the sophomores and juniors and their parents.
A very special thank you to (alphabetically) Alex Brothers, Mike Coen, Lily Fang, Lauren Hedges, Abby Hunt, Maddy Quinn, Kerry Speed, and Kevin Stovall for their participation on the "Senior Survivor" panel. These students represented a variety of different college choices - different sizes of schools in different areas of the country. More importantly though, they represented WKHS in a poised and helpful manner.

I was also excited to see so many of "my" younger students in the audience along with many of your parents. Remember that I am always here to help you in any way that I can.

One last special thanks to "my" students who participated- Lauren, Alex and Mike. I appreciate your help more than you will ever really know!

No comments: