Thursday, January 12, 2012

Better Late than Never

Hooray! You survived exams! Congratulations on successfully completing the first semester. I hope that you are looking forward to the long weekend.

Today is both my mom and my nephew's birthday. My nephew, Colton, turns 6 years old. He is a sweet (and competitive) little boy who loves sports (he plays flag football, basketball, and tee-ball), legos, and Star Wars. It is so hard to believe that he is already half-way through with Kindergarten.When my niece and nephew were born I wanted to cross-stitch each of them a picture so that they would have something to keep forever as a way to remember how much I love them. I did great with finishing my niece's picture. It was framed and I took it with me to the hospital the day she was born. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same thing about my nephew's picture. It took me more than 5 years, but earlier this fall I finally was able to give him the picture I had cross-stitched for him. Better late than never, right?!? I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but it says "Bad to the Bone" and I was pleased that it turned out and relieved that it was finally finished. Even though it was finished far closer to his 6th birthday than to the day he was born, the love I have for him that I hope he senses when he looks at the picture is far more than words can convey.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: