Friday, June 4, 2010

Baccalaureate Ceremony

Tonight I had the chance to attend the Baccalaureate Ceremony for this year's seniors at Worthington Christian Church. Planned by a committee of 5 seniors and some parent advisors, this ceremony is a great tradition for kicking off the graduation weekend. The students responsible for planning the event put a great deal of time and effort into the night and it was certainly worth it. 2 of "my" students were on the committee - Zoubaida Benzegala and Shannon Donovan.

Several of "my" kids were featured as a part of the evening's events. (I tried to get pictures of everyone, but wasn't successful...)


Allison Carney sang "This is the Moment"









David Busch played the guitar while singing "Falling Slowly" in a duet







Shannon Donovan introduced the keynote speaker and the video






Acafellas (which include seniors David Busch and John Jacob as well as underclassmen Hunter Atha and Josh Cook) and Encore (which includes seniors Rachel Bare and Allison Carney along with junior Gina Badillo) also performed
Zoubaida Benzegala helped introduce Mr. Dunaway And the entire senior class were on stage with candles lit while the choir students led them in the singing of "Come to the Water"
There was also a video that included a wide range of pictures submitted by students and parents which was fun to watch. I love the Rascal Flatts song, "My Wish." I even have the words to the song framed in my office because I think it is the perfect song to describe my wish for all of my students and I also admit that I have been listening to the song (at least once) daily for the last few weeks as I drive to school or to other senior events, so needless to say, when that song came on as the pictures were flashing on the screen my heart was very full.

No comments: