Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Volunteering

Not long ago I mentioned the opportunity to volunteer this summer with the Lose the Training Wheels program at WKHS. I believe they are still looking for volunteers, but I know that some people were not available the week they are running the program. If you are available and interested in helping, I hope you will get involved. I recently learned of another organization seeking volunteers and wanted to pass it along. Claremont Retirement Village has a variety of volunteer opportunities such as calling bingo, playing cards, reading the newspaper, visiting, and doing crafts, etc. They are looking for motivated young people for a volunteer opportunity that could even turn into a part time job. If you are interested, call the Activities Director, Tina Bridge, at 761-2011.

Also, on a separate note, don't forget that tomorrow is a Late Start day which means you get the benefit of a little extra sleep in the morning.

No comments: