Saturday, January 2, 2010

Don't Shoot The Messenger...

Don't shoot the messenger, but... tomorrow is our last day of winter break. :-) I hope that you have enjoyed your time off and used it as a chance to refresh, relax, and feel rejuvinated as we head into the second half of the school year.

I also hope that you have used the time off to catch up on sleep. Today's Columbus Dispatch included an article about the importance of adolescent sleep. If teens do not get enough sleep, then they are at an increased risk for suffering from depression and also at an increased risk of attempting suicide. As always, I would like to remind you that if you are ever having thoughts of suicide, please TALK to me or another trusted and caring adult. In the meantime, get some sleep.

Enjoy your last day of break. I am looking forward to seeing you all on Monday and hearing about your vacations!

No comments: