Friday, November 13, 2009

Delaware Area Career Center

Yesterday the counselors had the opportunity to take all students interested in learning more about the Delaware Area Career Center up to the north and south campuses for a field trip/ visit. I picked to attend the north campus because a few of my students are in programs up there and I wanted to try to see them.
I was excited to be able to visit the construction lab and see Gavin Barbin and the success that he is having and all that he has achieved while there. Gavin showed me the sheds that they have built and talked about their next project of working to build a house for Habitat for Humanity. It was very interesting. (The picture above shows Gavin on top of the shed that he is building with his group.)
In addition to my time in the construction lab, I went to the fire-service lab and was able to catch up with and see Tori Cardiel. It was great to see the equipment that she has been working with and learning about at the DACC. (The picture above shows Tori with one of the fire-trucks they have at the career center.)

I am so incredibly proud of Gavin, Tori and the rest of my students that are doing so well at the career center! And, I was also impressed when watching as they taught the student visitors.

If you have ever given any consideration to attending the Delaware Area Career Center and have questions, please stop in and see me. You should also try to go up to the DACC with your parents for the Open House on the evening of December 3rd.

No comments: