Sunday, November 8, 2009

Kilbourne Choir

A few weeks ago I had to miss the fall choir concert. I was disappointed to miss out on the opportunity to see the kids in action and in particular to see the Kilbourne Singers perform their signature song of "Come to the Water." As they process into the auditorium for every concert the members of Kilbourne's top choir perform this song and it gives me chills each time. (Plus I love to watch the faces of "my" students as they walk past on their way to the stage.) Today, I found that this fall's performance of Come to the Water was added to You Tube. It is beautiful, but I have to tell you that if you have never been to a concert, you really need to attend the next one as it is even more powerful and impressive than can be captured on video.

The two student directed specialty groups Acafellas and Encore also have two songs from the concert on You Tube.

Acafellas includes 4 of my students - David Busch, Josh Cook, John Jacob, and Hunter Atha. They performed Apologize (One Republic) and I'm Yours (Jason Mraz).

Encore also includes 4 of my students - Gina Badillo, Rachel Bare, Allison Carney, and Jessica Blake. They performed Hallelujah and Happy Ending (Mika).

No comments: