Tuesday, October 13, 2009

All Boy...

As you are aware, I try to include some blog posts that allow you to glimpse a little bit of what is important to me as a way to enable you to get to know me better. Without a doubt, the two highlights of my world (although I don't get to see them often enough) are my 6 year old niece, Carly, and my 3 year old nephew, Cole.

Cole is a wild man. He is absolutely all boy and loves to play and have fun. Unfortunately, yesterday his playground adventures came to a crashing halt (literally) when he fell and broke his arm. (All I can think is poor baby! I am sure he would point out to me that he is not a baby, he's a big boy and I agree that he is also very brave...)
Cole has a cast (John Deere Tractor Green, of course) that goes from his armpit to his hand. The doctor asked him what happened and he told him he fell off a building. :-) OK, so the little play area on the playground doesn't exactly equal a tall building to us, but I guess Cole felt that was about the right way to describe it.

My sister said that he is doing just fine (poor little guy) and that Carly was really excited about his cast and she wanted to be the first person to sign it. (Granted, she was also trying to persuade him to get a pink cast which makes me laugh too.) Needless to say, I adore my niece and nephew and would never want anything bad to happen to them, but I guess a broken arm goes along with the "all boy" territory.

No comments: