Saturday, April 25, 2009

Way to go Irish!

I had such a great day today! This morning I went to Ohio Stadium to watch as Notre Dame played (and beat) OSU in lacrosse. Nick Beattie, one of my former students, is on the Notre Dame lacrosse team. As a freshman in a Division-1 program, I honestly didn't know if Nick would even have a chance to play, but just seeing him in his uniform on the field the first time literally gave me chills. I didn't have to worry about whether or not Nick would get in the game because not only did he play, but he also scored a goal! It was absolutely incredible! I was so excited for and proud of Nick!

Another former student, Andy Gottesman, was on the sidelines of today's game taking pictures for the Lantern (OSU newspaper) where he is the Multimedia Editor. Andy was kind enough to send me a couple of the pictures that he took of Nick from the game.

Seriously, when you see these pictures is it any wonder that as a freshman he has already worked his way into an editor position?!? Wow!

No comments: