Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Meeting with Miss Abbott

Students, if you want to meet with me - just drop by my office!  That is honestly the BEST way to meet with me.  You don't need to schedule an appointment in advance.  I'm generally around before and after school as well as during your lunch or academic prep/ options periods for you to stop in and chat.

You don't need a big reason to come down and say Hi. I am happy to see you even if you just wanted to tell me how well or how poorly you did on a test that day. If I am busy meeting with another student or parent - you can stop back down, leave a pass for me, send me a message on Remind, or send me an email to let me know you want to see me. If I haven't tracked you down that day or the following day, chances are the pass I sent for you didn't make it to you or I can't find you in the commons - so please come back!

Don't forget I have candy and toys in my office - so it is always worth just stopping by to say hello. :-) 

Additionally, it is important that I remind you about confidentiality. It is very important to me that I work to earn your trust every day. During high school there are times when you may wonder if there is anyone who cares and is willing to listen to what you are going through and I want to remind you that I am here for you. Please remember that what you say to me is confidential between us unless you are a risk to yourself or someone else or if someone is hurting you in which case I am required to report it.

Parents, out of respect for your time and my schedule of trying to prioritize and maximize meeting with students during the school day, I do ask that if you would like to meet with me that you reach out via email or phone so that we can set up a time to meet in advance rather than just having parents attempt to drop by like students are doing.  Thanks for understanding.

No comments: