Monday, March 23, 2020

Junior ACT Scores

I heard from a few students today that your ACT scores have arrived to your homes through the mail!  We have not seen or received scores yet so I am anxious to hear how you did... send me an email and update me.

Congratulations to all of you who did well on the tests!  I know that is a huge weight off your shoulders if you now get to be done with testing.

For those of you whose score wasn't what you had hoped it would be, try not to let it get you down.  You have three more opportunities to take the ACT plus you can also switch and take the SAT as well to give you additional testing days.  A few reminders if you are going to need to retake the test, with the April ACT being cancelled, you are going to want to sign up for the June (or July) test ASAP.  I am very concerned that there will not be enough testing sites available for all of the students who will be planning to try to test in June.  You also may want to make use of this time away from the school building to work on your ACT prep skills.  Information about preparing for the ACT is on the WKHS Counselor website.

And finally, for all of you, tomorrow we start the remote learning process.  This isn't how you anticipated 4th quarter would go, but your teachers care about you and about helping you to successfully make the transition from traditional school to remote learning.  Please email them if you have questions.  They are still here to help you!  You can also reach out to me as well if there is anything I can do to be of assistance as you make the educational transition, but more importantly if you just want to talk and update me on your life and what you are doing while on lock-down at home.

No comments: