Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Senior Reminders

Seniors, I have been receiving more and more of your requests to submit your school forms for you through Common App, which is great.  But, as I have started working on them, I have been surprised that so few of you have also come in to complete your Transcript Release Cards.  So, I wanted to remind you again of the process that we talked about at Senior College Night...

- When you are working through your application you will have to invite me to complete your school forms through Common App using my email address.  Once you invite me once it will automatically assign that task to me for all of your colleges.
- You then need to come into Mrs. McDaniel's office in the Counseling Center to write down the college names where you are authorizing me to upload your transcripts onto Common App.  (You will list each college separately and indicate "yes" it is a Common App school.)

For colleges that don't utilize Common App then their forms will either get sent to me through an online service like SendEDU or you will need to have your transcript sent directly to the college (some with forms that I will have to complete and others without those forms).

Please, stay on top of this process because I cannot upload your transcripts without your authorization on the Transcript Relase cards.  As of right now I am completely current on all of the transcripts that students have completed the authorization cards for me to upload so if you cannot remember if you did this or not, log into Common App and if it says that it hasn't been uploaded then you haven't signed your transcript release card yet.

The other important senior reminder is that tomorrow night, September 27th at 7pm in the WKHS Auditorium is the Financial Aid Night.  This presentation will walk parents and students through the FAFSA process and answer your questions about applying for financial aid which begins on October 1st so you will not want to miss out on this opportunity.

No comments: