Sunday, October 22, 2017

Articles of Interest

I have a folder in my email account that I save all the articles I come across that I think you might be interested in reading or learning more about.  I opened that folder a few weeks ago and realized that I had nearly 200 saved messages… and the majority of those include multiple links to several articles that I had found.  So, needless to say, I have lots of articles to share with you.  (Full disclaimer, it is possible that I have shared some of these articles in the past, but if blogs or other resources re-post articles again and it is something I think is still applicable and helpful then I have saved it again.)  And I will acknowledge that I did NOT include all of the articles that I have saved because seriously, you have work to do, and I have been working on this post for days now and I had to draw the line somewhere.


Also, on a separate note – this weekend my parents came to town and my (step)dad and I walked at Highbanks each day of the long weekend.  While there I saw a LOT of kids taking senior pictures.  If you are a senior, don’t forget that at some point you will want to arrange to have senior pictures taken.  I believe Mrs. Mullen prefers to have them by January, but I know she will accept them later.  However, this is a good reminder that it is important to plan ahead and arrange to get your picture taken soon.

Here are the articles... and I tried to group them in a few different categories to make sorting through them easier.

Academics:



























Career























Athletics:









Sleep:










College Related:



















































































































Personal/ Social:














The real campus scourge (Thanks to Worthington Board of Education Member, Julie Keegan, for finding this article for me!)




















Testing Related:











Financial Aid Related:



















Parents














I know that was a lot to read.  Hopefully you found some articles that interested you.  As crazy as it may seem, I promise I really did cut out a ton of other articles and I have quite a large number that I determined were "timeless" and can use later.  :-)  Looking forward to seeing you all back at school tomorrow and to hear about what you did over the long weekend!

No comments: