Sunday, January 29, 2017

Registration Related Reminders

Have you entered your course requests for next year online?  If not, remember that you only have until Wednesday to do this.  So please, take a few minutes now and submit your requests!

Tomorrow night (Monday, January 30th) is also Curriculum Night and the 8th grade transition night.  In case any of you have siblings in 8th grade, they and their parents will start the evening at 6:45 and then all WKHS students and parents will be able to start visiting with the various departments and electives to learn more details about the specific course offerings starting at 7:30pm.  If you or your parents have questions about which classes to take that haven't already been addressed by your teachers in your classes then I hope you will take advantage of this opportunity so that you are confident in your course selection.

I also want to give you a heads up that you will need to plan ahead over the next few weeks because I am going to have very limited availability for drop-in meetings.  These few weeks are hectic with one-on-one meetings with every student on my entire caseload.  This week I will be completely full three days of the week  - Tuesday will be packed with junior meetings, Thursday will be freshmen students, and Friday will be sophomore students.  The following week I will be meeting with more juniors on Monday and Thursday and I will be out for a conference all day on Tuesday.  Please understand that your concerns and needs are very important to me so I will work to meet with you on the off-days. If you are in the midst of a crisis on one of the days when I am not available to meet, we will help find someone else that is able to meet with you.  Thanks for being flexible and understanding.

Again, don't forget to register online and I look forward to meeting with you each individually over these next few weeks!

No comments: