Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Senior College Application Basics

There are some basic questions that are frequently asked in college applications and yet many times students and parents don't know the answers.  Since I have had quite a few individuals asking me these questions, I figured it would be helpful if I covered a few of those basic answers in case you come across them too when you are completing your applications.

- Your graduation date is May 29, 2016

-  Your class has 307 students

-  WKHS offers 17 AP courses, 16 IB classes, and 16 honors classes

-  If your grade point average is a 4.0 or higher you have a rank of 1.  If your gpa is less than a 4.0 then we do not rank and that is what you should write instead ("Does Not Rank").  


- Common App will ask you about me.  My name is Brianna Abbott.  My title is School Counselor.  My e-mail is babbott@wscloud.org and my phone number is 614-450-6490.  

-  Our school's CEEB code is 365507.  (Most applications if they ask you this will give you a look-up option, but you can just type it in as well.)

I hope that helps.  If you come across any other questions don't hesitate to let me know.

Also, I wanted to let you know that I will be out of the building tomorrow and Friday for meetings all day.  Tomorrow I will be attending a meeting where all of the public and private 2 and 4 year colleges come together to update school counselors about their latest news and application requirements and Friday I am attending a suicide prevention conference.  So, if you need me this week, please plan to stop in and see me on Thursday!

No comments: