Monday, January 12, 2015

Office Workers

Office workers play a vital role in the smooth operation of the counseling center.  They frequently help us by delivering passes to the students we need to see throughout the day and sometimes they help us with other special projects.  Most days they even have time to work on their homework.

The office workers earn community service hours for their volunteer commitment.  Many students feel this is an easy way to earn service hours because it is completed during the school day.

Personally, I love having my students among those serving as office workers because it allows me to get to know them better.  During the first semester I was fortunate enough to have 2 of my students working as office workers - Danielle Barker and Katie DiMauro

Many students are not able to continue working as office workers both semesters and so many of the class periods have openings for 1 or 2 office workers.  If you are interested in giving up your academic prep, options or lunch periods to sign up as an office worker, please stop by the counseling center to pick up an application.  It is important to have strong grades in your classes because working as an office worker will require you to give up the time that you normally would have been able to dedicate to studying.  I would love to have more of "my" students working as office workers during 2nd semester, so please consider this possibility.

Danielle and Katie-  Thank you for your dedication and commitment to helping as office workers!  I appreciate your time and energy to help us with anything that we needed.  Your positive attitudes and generous kindness often brightened my day.  I am grateful that this provided me the chance to get to know you each better.  Your responsibility and dependability are admirable traits.  Thanks again for your help!

No comments: