Sunday, June 9, 2013

Diploma Presenter

One of my absolute favorite traditions of the WKHS commencement ceremony is the option students have to pick someone from their educational career (teacher, coach, counselor, etc.) to present them with their diploma. I was touched and humbled that 7 of "my" students selected me to be able to share in their graduation ceremony by presenting them their diplomas. There simply are no words to explain what a huge honor this was for me!  As I handed each student their diploma I was overwhelmed with how proud, excited, honored, and most of all grateful that these wonderful students have been a part of my life. 

I loved being able to give (L to R): Naomi Barker, Tosin Ademodi, Jessica DePaso, Jimmy Barbin, Raeshawn Cason, Patrick Archambeau, and Michael Dillow a hug and offer my congratulations as they graduated from high school.


To Naomi, Jimmy, Michael, Tosin, Jessica, Patrick, and Raeshawn~ Thank you for allowing me to share in your special day!  As you leave Worthington Kilbourne and head into the future, I hope you will always remember that I care about you and believe in you.  Each of you has something special to offer the world and I cannot wait to see the impact you will make.  I enjoyed getting to know you, listening to your stories, celebrating your successes, and helping as you had to deal with disappointments and difficult days.  Thank you for letting me share in your lives!  I will miss you and wish you nothing but the best in the future.  Thanks again for giving me the honor of presenting you with your diplomas – I will never forget it and I will never forget you!

No comments: