Sunday, May 19, 2013

Arts in Action

Arts in Action is always a fun day for WKHS students.  I hear you all talk about it in much the same way as elementary school kids talk about their end of the year field day fun.  And while it is meant to be fun, it is also a special way to showcase the many talents of the WKHS artists.  Kilbourne is certainly blessed with some amazing artists!  And I appreciate the fact that on Arts in Action day all the various art forms are celebrated and honored.  Throughout the day I was able to capture a few of my students creating art of their own.  Additionally, Nia Brown was recognized as the Top 2-D Kilbourne artist of the year!

 Anne Dargenio painting
 Dallas DeWitt and Jonathan Blake freestyle rapping
 Isabel Bensusan painting
 Jacob Bloom competing in the pottery throwdown competition
 Michael Calvert and Dom Brown (above) and Tori Eger (below) all work on the sand art display
And then my favorite part of the entire Arts in Action day... I guess technically it wasn't artistic, but it was definitely entertaining!  The deans agreed to assist the sophomore class in their fundraising efforts for next year's prom by participating in a competition to raise money.  Mr. Souder lost and Mr. Schirg was able to put a pie in Mr. Souder's face, but then Mr. Schirg graciously allowed a 2nd pie to be put into his face too.  It was very messy, but they were great sports about it and I give them both a ton of credit.  Clearly they would do anything for our students!  Here is one of the pictures I captured.
Also, since I didn't get these pictures up here earlier this weekend there are actually 2 posts today, so if you are a senior, be sure to continue scrolling down and take a look at the senior detail reminders in the next post.

No comments: