Sunday, February 3, 2013

Impressive Students

On Friday I had the chance to watch a few of our impressive students put their talents on display.

During the day on Friday, the WKHS Mock Trial Team competed in the district competition.  I had never had the opportunity to see a Mock Trial Competition before, but it was amazing!  The kids involved were so poised and it was evident that they had put forth extraordinary time and effort in learning as much as they could to prepare for the day.  7 of the 15 Kilbourne students who were on this year's mock trial team were "my" students.
Congratulations to (L to R): Micah Vincent, Danielle Ding, Amelia Boudinot, Michelle Ding, Manda Cash, Hannah Vincent, and Alex Cash.  You all did an outstanding job!  A special recognition to Hannah Vincent who was awarded the Outstanding Attorney award.  (I wish I could have seen your group compete too!)

Then, on Friday night I attended the Talent Show and was blown away by the gifts of our students.  "My" students who showcased their talents during the show included: Michael Dillow, Robert Del Tedesco, Bailey Andrews, Maggie Barrie, Brittany Ayers, Addy Boyles, Emily Cantrell, and Lauren Hedges.  I give you all a ton of credit for having the courage and confidence to perform in front of a packed house.  Additionally, I have to say, I was incredibly impressed with the supportive atmosphere that was created by all of the students in the audience!

Don't forget that you have a late start day tomorrow.  Enjoy sleeping in!  :-)

No comments: