Monday, June 18, 2012

Diploma Presenter


One of my absolute favorite parts of the WKHS commencement ceremony is the option students have to pick someone from their educational career (teacher, coach, counselor, etc.) to present them with their diploma. I was touched and humbled that 5 of "my" students selected me to be able to share in their graduation ceremony by giving them their diplomas. There simply are no words to explain what a huge honor this was for me!  It is such a thrill to be able to give a hug and offer my congratulations as I present students with their diploma.
I will cherish the memory of being able to present 5 of “my” students with their diplomas. Pictured above (L to R) Back Row: Nick Bortolani, Kevin Doerr, and Devin Alexander and Front Row: Hunter Atha and Charlie Bassani.

To Hunter, Charlie, Nick, Kevin and Devin - It is hard to believe that you are no longer "my" students. I have enjoyed being able to get to know you, to listen to your stories, celebrate your successes, and hopefully help when you have had to deal with disappointments. Thank you for making me smile and for letting me share in your lives. I cannot wait to see the difference you will make in the world. I wish you nothing but the best in the future and I hope you know how much I will miss you! Thanks again for allowing me to have the honor of presenting you with your diplomas - I will never forget it!

No comments: