Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Letter to "My" Seniors


To “My” Seniors~
Congratulations!  It is graduation day – a day you have been working toward for the last 4 years (and really since you started kindergarten).  I want to take a moment and tell you how proud I am of each of you and that I am excited for you. You have such bright futures ahead!

The Class of 2012 has been so special to me.  When I stood on stage at Friday’s graduation practice I couldn’t help but allow my mind to wander back over the last 4 years and all that you have achieved. It has been an honor to watch as you succeeded on the athletic fields, in the concert halls and in the classrooms.  Perhaps even more meaningful to me though are the memories I have of the moments we spent together in my office when you shared with me about your life.  There have been times when you made me laugh and others when I couldn’t help but cry.  I have been impressed by your integrity, strength, talent, courage, compassion, intelligence and potential.  And yet, no matter if you look back on your four years of high school as being a wonderful experience or a roller-coaster ride that you survived, I hope you know how much it meant to me to be able to walk with you on this part of your journey.

Today celebrates the end of high school, but more importantly it celebrates the beginning of your futures.  For some of you I know that this is a terrifying concept and for others you cannot wait for the college experience.  I have no doubt that you will all find your place in the world where you can make a difference.  There are so many new adventures ahead of you– new classes, new friends and the chance to chase the dreams before you.

Thank you for sharing your lives with me!  Always remember that I am here for you and that I believe in you! Congratulations again.  Enjoy the day – you deserve it!

Love, Miss Abbott

PS – I hope you will keep in touch and let me know about your new adventures in life.
(I’ll post pictures from graduation later tonight or tomorrow!) :-)

No comments: