Monday, April 2, 2012

Crisis Communication

Recently our school has had it's share if troublesome moments and crisis situations, so, I decided this was an appropriate time to review the importance of communicating when crisis situations occur. It is important, as a school counselor, to be aware of any major incidents that impact students from the school as soon as possible so that we can help prepare an appropriate response to support the student body. For the record, I tend to check my e-mails over weekends, holidays, and the summer for any critical incidents, but I do not check my school voicemail, so the best way to pass along important timely news is e-mail. If you hear about a situation that might require immediate attention outside of regular school hours, please don't hesitate to let me know by e-mail. Obviously, my hope is that this information is never needed and that we will not face any crisis situations in the future, but I also know that it is better safe than sorry.

No comments: