Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Trip to North Carolina

Last weekend I made a whirlwind trip to North Carolina. The weather was beautiful for the whole 28 hours that I was there. It had to be a quick trip so that I could make it back to Columbus in time to chaperone prom.

While I was there I was excited to be able to see two of my former students, Will Campbell and Nick Beattie, compete in the University of North Carolina vs. Notre Dame lacrosse game. This isn't a great picture, but it was the best I could get with both kids together. It was a great game and even went into overtime. (They are in the center - Nick is on the left and Will is on the right)

During my time in North Carolina I also managed to squeeze in visits to 3 college campuses. I was able to see North Carolina State, Duke and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The campuses were actually very close to one another (although I managed to get lost on all 3 campuses) and yet were distinctly different. As you will see below, I struggled with trying to get an "Oh the Places You'll Go" picture since I was visiting the schools by myself so I didn't have anyone who could take the picture for me, but I did get one of the Duke students to agree to help me take a picture during my tour of their campus so at least that picture does a little better at showing you some of the school in the background.
North Carolina State - Raleigh, NC - A much bigger school than I had imagined!
Duke - Durham, NC - A bit of a castle like feeling to many of the buildings.

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC) - Chapel Hill, NC - Beautiful campus with lots of school spirit - probably even more so because it was graduation weekend.

No comments: