Saturday, February 20, 2010

Yale Admissions Video

In keeping with the song/ dance feel from yesterday's musical, I thought I would share the Yale admisions video that is on YouTube and is also linked to this article which explains why it was created. I think it is darling. If, in addition to listening to what they are saying (and singing) you also look at the background, you can see a lot of Yale’s campus. The one advantage of the video over an actual campus tour (at least when I was there on a visit) is that they allow you to see the inside of the residential college including the dorm room and eating areas. On the tour they simply take you into the courtyard and talk about all those features. The other big difference is they show a VERY small group of people gathered for an information session and tour – I can assure you that when I was there last year during spring break, the tour was ENORMOUS so you couldn’t always hear the tour guide who was sharing information about the school. It will be interesting to see if other colleges now work to find creative approaches to showcasing their schools in the future.

No comments: