Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

I hope you all enjoyed your long weekend. I did with the slight exception being that most of my weekend was spent working on recommendation letters. In case I haven't mentioned it, I really do love the time I am able to spend talking with the students "interviewing" them for more details before I sit down and write the recommendation letters, but the process of actually writing the letters... well, not quite feeling the love. :-) I am making progress though and before I go to sleep tonight I will be more than half way through all of the letters that I need to write this year. So we can be happy about that fact at least.

It was a great long weekend for many of the WKHS athletic teams with football, mens and womens soccer, and volleyball all racking up at least one victory. Congratulations!

My highlight of the weekend came on Friday morning when I had a chance to join the group of Driven Student Leaders at their retreat/ meeting. There were 11 students (4 of which were "my students" - Alyssa Biron, CW Boyles, Clay Hedges, and Katherine Hyatt-Hawkins) and I loved being able to talk with them. (They had a pretty relaxed setting as you'll see below which made for easy discussions.) Perhaps one of the most special aspects of my visit was the welcome sign that was awaiting me. Thanks Katherine and Clay!
I hope by now that you have realized that once you are "my students" you will always be "my student" and therefore special to me. So, I am very excited and proud of two of my "former" students ran and successfully completed the Columbus Marathon today. Congratulations to Phil Bunting and Alex DiBartola! I am very proud of you!

Hope you had a great weekend and I will look forward to seeing you tomorrow... after you get to sleep in and enjoy your late start! :-)

No comments: