Tuesday, July 22, 2008

WKHS Counselors

At the end of the 2007-08 school year, two of the WKHS counselors, Mrs. Stamm and Mrs. Byer, retired. While it was certainly sad to see them leave we are excited for the new adventures ahead of them in retirement. Their departure has meant staffing changes for the Counseling Department. The three returning counselors (me, Ms. Schwartz, and Mrs. Smith) will be joined in the fall with a new counselor, Mrs. Gratz, who is coming to us from Kilbourne Middle School. The department will also be reorgnized with every counselor having a portion of the alphabet covering all grade levels. So, for example, I will be working with all students in grades 9-12 with last names beginning with the letters A- El. I suspect it will take me a while to get that right because even when typing it just now I still wrote in A - Do. :-) I am excited to get to know my new students and it will be nice being able to work with students all 4 years of their high school career. In case you are curious, here is the counselor breakdown...

Miss Abbott - A to El
Mrs. Gratz - Em to K
Miss Schwartz - L to Rh
Mrs. Smith - Ri to Z

No comments: