Wednesday, February 13, 2008

February Socratic Society

I got so caught up in the excitement of having a snow day that I have neglected to recognize the students inducted into the Socratic Society during February.

Students are selected for the Socratic Society based upon their display of the Socratic Core Virtues - scholarship, lifelong learning, compassion, integrity, and personal effort. Previously students could receive this recognition up to once a school year, but that policy changed and students are now only eligible to receive this award once throughout their entire high school career.

Two of "my" students - Russell Blevins (far left) and Ben Brown (far right) were among the students inducted into the Socratic Society. Pictured in the middle is Nathaniel Gardner and not pictured is Dan Petke who Mrs. Stamm and I co-nominated for their dedication and commitment to creating the video outlining the registration process for next school year. So, even though they are not my students they deserve to be included in the blog. (The very bottom picture is the only one I have of Dan, but I love it just the same - it is after Kilbourne beat Thomas on Senior Night in Hockey and Dan scored three in a row - a "Hat Trick.") Thanks again Nathaniel and Dan and Congratulations once again to Russell and Ben! I am proud of you!

No comments: