Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!  I have so much to be grateful for  - good health, wonderful family and friends, an incredible dog, and YOU!  Lexi and I both are thankful to have you in our lives.

One of the highlights of my job is the fact that I will, at times, have students reach out after graduation to check in and share updates about their lives.  In the past few weeks I have heard from a student from the Class of 2008 who got engaged, a student from the Class of 2011 who told me he is finishing up college majoring in the field that had been his lifelong dream, and a student from the Class of 2013 who just found out she was selected to her first choice military field.  I cannot even begin to tell you how thankful I am for each of these former students, but even more so for the fact that ALL of you allow me the chance to walk alongside you throughout high school.  It truly is an honor for me and it is not something that I take for granted.

I hope you have enjoyed your Thanksgiving day with your family and friends in whatever ways are most meaningful to you and that your hearts are filled with reminders of all that there is to be grateful for today!

No comments: