Sunday, October 7, 2007

My Job as an Aunt

How was your weekend? I hope you enjoyed it. I had a great weekend with my niece and nephew who came to town for a quick visit and wanted to share it with you. I have to admit that being an Aunt is the greatest “job” in the world! I love my niece and nephew and had a great weekend with them – even if they did run me ragged. (My sister and her husband were attending a wedding so I was on my own with the kids…)

Some of the highlights from my weekend:

- Yesterday morning Carly (my niece) wanted donuts so, of course, I had to oblige.
- Lunch: McDonalds
- We went to Thomas Worthington to watch the cross country races… Carly had fun cheering for the “big kids” and Cole (my nephew) just wanted to take off and run
- Dinner: McDonalds again – yes, AGAIN… as I explained to my sister who wasn’t thrilled with my willingness to feed her kids McD’s twice in a day – I am the Aunt and therefore it is my responsibility to spoil them sometimes and it is what they wanted!
- Last night I was entertained by Cole and his new Houdini like skills – he figured out how to climb out of his pack & play again and again instead of going to sleep
- We also had some really nice quality time with my grandparents


I also learned a few lessons while they were here…

1. I love Color Wonder markers! (My nephew is not *exactly* the best at keeping his artwork on paper – this stuff totally saved my house!)


2. If there is dirt ANYWHERE nearby – Cole finds it and plays in it



3. Kids are fun and exhausting



4. It takes a LONG time to get little kids ready to leave the house – especially the effort to put sunscreen on a 1 ½ year old!


I hope that your weekend was memorable. Enjoy sleeping in tomorrow morning. We’ll see you all at 9:30 for the start of 1st period!

No comments: